Wednesday, December 12, 2018

WHERE TO LOOK FOR SIN

WHERE TO LOOK FOR SIN



While on a pilgrimage in Bulgaria and serving Divine Liturgy with several bishops and many priests, I noticed what I interpreted as somewhat of an air of self-importance from a fellow priest. My eyes were magnetically pulled away from him and onto an Archbishop who was in the back corner of the altar. The Archbishop already had eyes on me and the priest.  He motioned for me to come to him.  When I arrived he whispered: ‘Do you see?’ (paraphrased)  While I fumbled to respond he added (also paraphrased): 'When we see the errors of others it is a gift from God so that we may see the sins that exist in ourselves.’ I was ashamed at how I turn away from my sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From - ETERNAL MYSTERIES BEYOND THE GRAVE by Archimandrite Panteleimon 1

taken from ETERNAL MYSTERIES BEYOND THE GRAVE 1 by Archimandrite Panteleimon Human beings who approach perfection and have achieved...