Wednesday, December 12, 2018

FALSE ARREST

FALSE ARREST

Once again, a stranger (strange word) walked up to me and stepped into what many would call the uncomfortable zone and asked if I was a Rabbi. He was young, tall, statuesque for a man, wearing a full reddish brown but short beard. I use the word tall because I had to look up. Those who know me, know I almost always must look up at people.

I am a Christian priest I replied. He immediately asked if I would pray for someone. Of course, I replied, but I will also ask someone I know who is closer to God to pray. His eyes were weeping but without tears.

What's wrong I asked. My wife was arrested for drugs last night but she is innocent. They were my drugs. I pleaded with the police but they wouldn't listen so they took her. Again, he asked, will you pray? What is her name and yours? The moment he told me their names, his cell phone rang. It was his wife who had been released and they weren't looking for him. He said thank you and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From - ETERNAL MYSTERIES BEYOND THE GRAVE by Archimandrite Panteleimon 1

taken from ETERNAL MYSTERIES BEYOND THE GRAVE 1 by Archimandrite Panteleimon Human beings who approach perfection and have achieved...